I was having trouble with a new self-hosted site i created when I tried to connect JetPack to my wordpress.com account. I kept getting this error:
Invalid request, please go back and try again.
Error Message: Unknown client_id.
I also got this code when I tried to manually add the site to the My Sites panel in my WordPress.com account. From reading forum posts about this error, it also seems that it can occur when you try to reactivate the Jetpack plugin, after it has been deactivated for updates, etc.
I found this solution to the problem:
- Deactivate and Delete Jetpack plugin
- Go to your PHPMyAdmin
- Run the SQL Query :
SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` LIKE '%jetpack_%'
- Delete the items that start with the option_name
- Download and Install Jetpack.
It is really quite simple to do, and it worked perfectly.
Yesterday, Apple announced it Pro Apps Bundle for Education, which is available for K-12 schools and higher eduction institutions. These are pro, industry level apple for video editors and musicians. The app included are:
The bundle is priced at $199, while individually these apps would set you back $630. They are available for faculty, staff, and students in higher education and primary and secondary schools. Pickup the apps here: http://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/product/BMGE2Z/A/pro-apps-bundle-for-education
WordPress 4.7 has been released. Code named “Vaughn” for the legendary Jazz vocalist Sarah “Sassy” Vaughan, WordPress 4.7 introduces a number of new features and the new 2017 theme.
- 2017 Theme: Twenty Seventeen focuses on business sites and features a customizable front page with multiple sections. Personalize it with widgets, navigation, social menus, a logo, custom colors, and more. Our default theme for 2017 works great in many languages, on any device, and for a wide range of users.
- Edit Shortcuts: Visible icons appear to show you which parts of your site can be customized while live previewing. Click on a shortcut and get straight to editing. Paired with starter content, getting started with customizing your site is faster than ever.
- Video Headers: Sometimes a big atmospheric video as a moving header image is just what you need to showcase your wares; go ahead and try it out with Twenty Seventeen. Need some video inspiration? Try searching for sites with video headers available for download and use.
- Smoother Menu Building: Many menus for sites contain links to the pages of your site, but what happens when you don’t have any pages yet? Now you can add new pages while building menus instead of leaving the customizer and abandoning your changes. Once you’ve published your customizations, you’ll have new pages ready for you to fill with content.
- Custom CSS: Sometimes you just need a few visual tweaks to make your site perfect. WordPress 4.7 allows you to add custom CSS and instantly see how your changes affect your site. The live preview allows you to work quickly without page refreshes slowing you down.
- PDF Thumbnail Previews: Managing your document collection is easier with WordPress 4.7. Uploading PDFs will generate thumbnail images so you can more easily distinguish between all your documents.
- Dashboard In Your Language: Just because your site is in one language doesn’t mean that everybody helping manage it prefers that language for their admin. Add more languages to your site and a user language option will show up in your user’s profiles.
- And more developer goodies
- Post Type Templates
- More Theme API Goodies
- Custom Bulk Actions
- Setting Registration API
- Custom Changesets