Google is looking for a group of “bold, creative individuals” to join them in “shaping the future of Glass.” They announced on Wednesday that they were seeking applications for “Explorers” to fullfill this role. To apply you need to answer the question “What would you do if you had Glass?” following these guidelines:
Using Google+ or Twitter, tell us what you would do if you had Glass, starting with the hashtag #ifihadglass.
- Your application must be 50 words or less
- You must include #ifihadglass in your application
- You can include up to 5 photos with your application
- You can include a short video (15 secs max)
- Be sure to follow us on Google+ (+ProjectGlass) or Twitter (@projectglass) so that we can contact you directly
- You must be at least 18 years old and live in the U.S. to apply
- For more details, please see our full Terms and FAQ
The deadline for applications is February 27th. Here is the fine print:
If you are chosen, we will reach out to you with an invitation to become a Glass Explorer (please remember to follow us so that we can contact you directly). Explorers will each need to pre-order a Glass Explorer Edition for $1500 plus tax and attend a special pick-up experience, in person, in New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles.
Computer World: Google Gets Glass Ideas and Some Snark