Hewlett Packard launched a new add campaign with discounts on HP computers with Windows 7 installed on them. It cannot be making Microsoft happy that this campaign is playing off the combination of the end of Windows XP support and the dislike for Windows 8 and 8.1.
Jeff Bertolucci over at InformationWeek.com has a slideshow on the 10 things you need to know about the Windows XP shutdown. Here is the list:
- XP will still run, but you’re on your own
- Can your hardware handle windows 8.1?
- Upgrading won’t be easy
- Take the Windows 7 upgrade path
- Office 2003 and Exchange 2003 get kicked to the curb, too
- Sayonara, Security Essentials for XP
- Windows XP Mode In Windows 7
- Troubleshoot bad apps
- Make room for upgrades
- Help for smakker guys
Full information on each point is available here.